Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 321...a fEw miNuTeS iN HeLL...

They say time flies when you're having fun...but what about when you're not? It's amazing how very LONG a minute can feel when working a muscle or throwing a ball or jumping rope...

After I was done with the 6AM class, I knew I needed to workout. I just didn't want to. I'm tired and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do...so I took it easy and chatted with one of the guys from the class. Once he went to shower...I got serious...and so began some of the LONGEST minutes of my life.

I decided to jumprope for 1 min then slam a D-ball for 1 minute. Doesn't sound too bad...unless you consider the fact that I was going to do this for 10 rounds and try to take little or no rest. It was really hard and between holding the jumprope and slamming that heavy ball...my shoulders were so tired when I was done. My knees were toast too after all those squats to catch that ball that doesn't bounce much. I laid on the floor under the fan that was going full blast to recover.

After 10 minutes of recovery...I decided that I would do more exercises in one minute increments. Lemme just say...it SUCKS to do ANYTHING for one minute without stopping. The dips and the scissor kicks were the worst for me. I'm worn out, but today turned out to be a good workout. It was hell at times, but I followed the advice of Winston Churchill and I survived those minutes in hell.

WARMUP
--------------
RUN .5 MILES

WORKOUT
-----------------
1 MIN JUMP ROPE SINGLES
1 MIN D-BALL SLAM (16 LB)
10 ROUNDS (29:07)

1 MIN HAMSTRING CURLS (FEET ON BALL)
1 MIN BRIDGE (HOLD FOR 2 COUNT @ TOP)
3 ROUNDS

1 MIN BICEP CURLS (10 LB DBs)
1 MIN DIP ON PARRALLETTES
3 ROUNDS

1 MIN SUPERMAN
1 MIN SCISSOR KICKS (1ST ROUND), FLUTTER KICKS (2ND ROUND), FROGGIES (3RD ROUND)
3 ROUNDS

THEN:
RUN 1 MILE

No comments: