Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 339...rUnniNg fRoM mY fEaRs...

I just got back from a run. I wasn't running anywhere in particular and it was really much too late to even be going out for a run. But...I was miserable...I HAD to go. I wasn't running towards anything. I was running away...away from the fear...the fear of being fat. I was fat once and now I'm not. I worked really hard to change my "outsides". The problem is that my insides didn't make as big of a transformation as my outsides did. My eyes still see fat. My heart is always afraid. I know it's irrational...my sister teases me that I have "body dysmorphia"...but I can't help the way I feel when I look in the mirror sometimes. I just feel thick today. Please know that I am NOT looking for compliments or reassurance. I'm just stating how I felt when I left to run. Maybe I'll see something different when I look in the mirror tomorrow. I hope.

DYNAMIC WARMUP
-----------------------

WORKOUT
-------------
3 REACTIVE BOX JUMPS
18 IN BOX TO FLOOR TO 28 IN BOX
3 SETS

THEN:
5 POWER CLEANS (3 SETS - WORKED UP TO 85 LBS)
45 LBS X 10
65 LBS X 5
75 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5

THEN:
10 REVERSE LUNGES WITH 65 LB BARBELL (EA LEG - OFF 6 INCH "BOX")
2 SETS

THEN:
10 SINGLE LEG ROMANIAN DEAD LIFTS (65 LBS)
3 SETS

THEN:
15 SIDE BENDS (55 LBS)
4 SETS

CARDIO
------------
30 MIN RUN

No comments: