Monday, August 25, 2008

DAY 344..."@*^%!"....(add the bad word of your choice...at this point, ANY will work!)...

Today's been hectic with it being the first day of school and all. I was ready to meet my first client at the gym, when I realized that I never gave my 7th grade daughter lunch money. "@*^$!" I called L and told her I would be 5 minutes late. She was cool...after all...she's late all the time too. I got to the school and there was a line in the office. I wanted to scream, "SOMEBODY HELP ME NOW! I GOTTA GO!". I controlled myself. "$@*&"! It was taking forever! Finally...I was on my way.

L was great. She did a hard workout (half "Murph") that took a while...it takes everyone who does it a while. I got done and headed to the park to train with A outside. I was late. "%@#$!" I'm so sick of always being late! I got there...we ran a bit to warm up...he laughed at what a "city girl" I am when I did not recognize the dirt road as a road...looked more like a trail to me! We decided what we would do...and knew it was gonna suck...and it DID! "#*%@!" It was so hard crankin out the push ups! I felt like a freakin WEAKLING. I have GOT to do MORE push ups...MORE often! The tire pull was hell on earth. At first I started to go forward, but it was like a cartoon where the legs go really fast but the character does not move. "*^$#!" It was such a struggle to get that dang thing down to the Kettle Bell that I was then supposed to swing. The worst part was that it was 2 rounds...so I got done with the first round. I was tired...sweating...shaky...knowing I would get to do it all over again. Only this time I KNEW what I was in for. "*%^&!" NO wonder I'm weak...I didn't eat breakfast!

We got done, packed up our "gear". Well, I should say A packed it up...I was layin on the ground trying to remember who the president is and what day it is (isn't that what they ask when you've had head trauma?). Once I "came to"...we made idle chit chat...I gave him some "dating" advice...and we headed home. I was so tired...so weak...all I could think of was food and getting home. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw flashing lights. "*&$%!" I pulled over, but in the shape I was in...I knew there was NO hope of "cutesying" my way out of a speeding ticket...still I tried. It didn't work...AND I couldn't find my insurance card. "*&^%!"

So, now I'm home...full belly...butt draggin...but psychotically enough...I must say.."*%^&! THAT WAS A GOOD WORKOUT!"


WARM UP
-------------
RUN

WORKOUT
----------------
25 DUMB BELL THRUSTERS (15 LB DBs)
50 PUSH UPS (VARYING STYLES...REGULAR...ELEVATED FEET...ELEVATED ARMS)
TIRE DRAG ON GRASS (APPROXIMATELY 200 M?-DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH WEIGHT WAS STUFFED IN THERE BUT IT WAS HEAVY)
25 KETTLE BELL SWINGS (35 LB KB)
TIRE PULL BACK (BODY NOW FACING TIRE...WALKING BACKWARD)
2 ROUNDS

2 comments:

Shorty said...

WOW! Ok, you definitely earned the right to use lots of expletives! I would've done the same! If it's any consolation, just know that your post on my site yesterday was very motivating, and I appreciated it very much. I got to the football field last night and headed over to the track and ran my laps. It sucked, but it wasn't as bad as I had made it out in my head. I'm glad I finished what I set out to do. Feel free to send more motivation my way today as I prep for hotter temps and needing to add a real workout to the run! : )
Have a great day, MC!
K

MC said...

Thanks! I admire your outdoor evening workout abilities. It's hot...and it's hard. Good luck!
-M