Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 336...nO rEsT tOdAy...

Sunday is ALWAYS my designated rest day...but NOT today! Today was the last day of the CrossFit Level 1 Cert I attended. I have to say that I had a GREAT time! It renewed my love for CrossFit as well as my hunger for more strength. I got up this morning thinking..."Wow! I'm not at all sore.". I have to admit that I was really nervous about today's workout before lunch break. I was just sure that they would make us do "Fight Gone Bad". I didn't want to look like a weeny in front of bad a**es like Dutch and Jolie and Dave. So when we got outside and they told us what the workout was...I was relieved...it didn't seem so bad. WRONG! It was a royal butt kicker! The pushups were the hardest for me...which tells me that I REALLY need to do more pushups. Dutch, Mary, and Dave were "checkin" on me..."encouraging" me...and "coaching" me off and on. No pressure!!! In all seriousness...the "pressure" to perform and the "help" was just what I needed. In just 12 minutes of working out...I was so tired...so hot...so wishing I had gone a little faster and not taken any breaks...but it was really hard.

I learned during "rotations" that I have GOT to do more ring work. I am seriously lacking. I should be able to do ring dips. I can't. It sucks to have your "Achilles Heel" (anything rings or gymnastics) exposed for all to see...but it just motivates me all that more to start vigilantly working on these weaknesses. Jeff Tucker of GSX was very nice to show me how to use the bands to assist me in doing ring dips. I did learn something that I have never done... dumb bell snatches. I did well, but they WORE ME OUT!

Now...I'm feelin it. My body is sore. My mind is mush. All I want to do is sleep. This weekend has been a blur, but it has also been great! I can't believe that I am officially a certified CrossFit trainer! Life is good.



WORKOUT
---------------
30 MINUTES OF PUSH JERK AND MED BALL CLEAN PRACTICE

THEN:
400 M RUN
15 KB SWINGS (26LB)
15 PUSH UPS
MAX ROUNDS IN 12 MINUTES (I GOT 4 AND A RUN AND ALL SWINGS...DIDN'T GET PUSH UPS SO DIDN'T GET TO COUNT ALL THAT WORK)

THEN:
-20 MINUTES OF DUMB BELL SNATCHES (12 LB DB-AMAZING HOW HEAVY THAT CAN FEEL AFTER 20 MIN)
-PRACTICE KIPPING
-PRACTICE BACK/HIP EXTENSIONS ON GHD
-PRACTICE TUCK SITS
-WORK ON MUSCLE UPS/DIPS

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Congratulations, M!!! I told B about your post from yesterday... your Fran time and weight... and he thinks that's awesome!!! Keep up the great work... You really are inspirational! And this should certainly boost your esteem for quite some time! The next time you hear the "you suck" voices just tell 'em where to stick it and continue to prove them wrong!