Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 329...i wAnT iT aLL, dANg iT!!!...

I want WHAT I want...WHEN I want it! A lot of time in life...we have to give up one thing to get another...but I don't wanna. I want to eat and not be fat! I want to spend and still have money! I want to work and not be tired! I want to succeed and never fail!

It seems that when I have been the strongest...when I can move the most weight...my endurance has suffered...and when I am an endurance "monster"...my muscles are not as strong. I'm trying to have both. I've been doing long "metabolic conditioning" type workouts for a while. I can "last" a LONG time. I can take a real beating at the gym and keep going, but when I try to bench press...I feel like I'm weak. So, I'm lifting more weight more often, while trying to throw in a CrossFit "met con" workout a couple of times a week.

This morning I went up to CF with my husband. J had to come up and let us in because the alarm was on. I thought he might stay and workout, but as soon as my hubby and I left for a warmup run...he left...no good bye...just gone. We were doing different workouts...my husband and I. After I showed him around the gym and played around a bit...I decided to get serious and workout. Squats are no problem for me...but the kettle bell swings were KILLIN me...and the pull ups felt IMPOSSIBLE! I felt like a beginner...my kipping was off...my hands were burning...I kept losing my rhythm. Dang it! I was so disappointed. I mean I was doing a LARGE quantity, but that's not an excuse that I allow myself to use...ever. So after the first round...I used the small band for my pull ups and did each set unbroken. It was like a knife in my heart...using a BAND...but I used it anyway...I needed to be able to keep going. I finished...but even after doing 260 SQUATS...13O KETTLE BELL SWINGS...and 65 PULL UPS...I felt like it wasn't enough.

See! That's the problem with wanting it all! It's impossible...and instead of having "it" (whatever IT is)...I end up just wanting. So screw it! So what if some people think I'm weak...so what if I struggled with pull ups today...so what if I write too much or say the wrong thing...so what! I did A LOT of work today...and maybe things didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but I am going to force myself to believe that I DID do a GOOD job!

WARMUP
--------------
1 MILE RUN
DYNAMIC STRETCHING

WORKOUT
------------------
AIR SQUATS 80, 64, 48, 32, 24, 12
KETTLE BELL SWINGS (35 LBs) 40, 32, 24, 16, 12, 6
PULL UPS (1ST SET KIPPING-REST ON SMALL BAND) 20, 16, 12, 8, 6, 3

CARDIO
------------
1.5 MILE RUN

No comments: