Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 325..cAn hE "pUMp mE uP"?...

Day 2 of a new regimine...Have I mentioned that I'm not so good at new?...Oh yeah...only a few hundred times! I went in to workout with A again. Today's menu was filled with yummy things like box jumps while holding a KB and reverse lunges with a barbell. Good stuff...really.

I love anything legs, but I'm still feeling a bit "unworthy" to train with A. I mean...train like this. He got on to me today and said that I can blow everyone away with CrossFit stuff, so I need to become better at things I'm not already good at. Hmmm...good point...can't disagree...but agreeing and putting it into practice are 2 TOTALLY different things. It was a good workout...it's just weird. I'm use to non stop "frantically paced" workouts. I'm cardio obsessed. I learned today that "the word on the street" is that I "do TOO much cardio to be toned"...20 minutes MAX. Okay. Opinions are good. Constructive criticism is vital to success. I'll listen...or at least try to... I just wonder...if I listen...and do...can he "pump me up"? Time will tell.

WARMUP
--------------
A's DYNAMIC WORKOUT

WORKOUT
-------------------
20 BOX JUMPS HOLDING A KETTLE BELL (24 IN BOX-18 LB KB) 1 JUMP-REST 30 SEC-REPEAT UNTIL 20

THEN:
REVERSE LUNGES OFF 6 INCH STEP - 65 LB BARBELL ON BACK-10 EA LEG -2ROUNDS

THEN:
GLUTE/HAM RAISE ON GHD ("BOOTY BUILDERS"-A said) - 10 W/PUSH OFF - 3 ROUNDS

THEN:
HANGING LEG RAISE -15 - 4 ROUNDS

CARDIO
---------------
????? -the jury is still out on what to do, but I will only do 20 min even though it will KILL me!

No comments: