Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 331...i sHouLdA hAd mY woRkoUt jOurNaL...

I got to work this morning...nervous...I've never turned the alarm off and I was not exactly sure where the keypad is. I mean I knew it would be to my right...but I've never actually laid eyes on it. I know it's silly. I just get so nervous when I have never done something. I mean of course I've turned an alarm off. I just haven't turned THAT alarm off. I pulled around back and left my headlights on so that I could see in the dark. I got in just fine and took care of the 6AM class for J because he had to work. Next I trained my "peeps" and then got ready to workout with A.

A and I were back at it today. It was nice...I was not so sleepy and lethargic like last week. I don't know why...I went to bed at 12:30AM and woke up at 4:30AM. I felt better than last week, but was disappointed to see upon looking up last week that I did NOT get stronger on my bench press. I think I jumped up too fast on weight. I NEEDED my workout journal. I wanted to look back at last week so I could gage where I needed to "go". I didn't realize how important having that info would be. NOW...I do. Maybe I could've done more if I had seen what I did before...I felt like I was feeling my way in the dark. I did improve on ring push ups...not by much...but still I'm moving in the right direction. EXCEPT...I stopped...gave up on the 2 set...I was shaky, struggling...but I KNOW in hindsight that I had at least 1 more in me. A said, I cheated myself. I really did...and I wrote that down on a piece of paper next to my numbers. I'll remember that next Monday.

I enjoyed today. A gave me some good tips/advice that really helped me. We had a good time...well I'll speak for myself...I had a good time. I know I can be "difficult" and chatty and silly...still he was patient. I appreciated his encouragement. I'm really tired, but I had a good day and I learned new things.

DYNAMIC WARM UP

WORKOUT
-------------------
FLOOR PRESS 3 REP MAX
45 X 10
65 X 10
75 X 3
85 X 3
95 X 3
100 (FAIL)

MAX REPS RING PUSH UPS FOR 2 ROUNDS (FEET ELEVATED)
1st = 12
2nd = 10

BENT BARBELL ROWS 95 LBS - 8 REPS
FACE PULLS WITH THE BAND - 20 REPS - (blue band)
3 ROUNDS

SHOULDERS-
10 FRONT RAISE (8 LB DBs)
10 LATERAL RAISE
10 BACK RAISE
3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
-------------
5 MIN AIRDYNE
20 MIN ROW (earlier in AM) 4291 M-245 CALORIES
3 ROPE ASCENTS

No comments: