Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 335...rAiNy dAys aNd sCrEw uPs aLwAys mAkE mE cRy...

I opened my eyes…darkness…then flashes of lightning…the rumble of the thunder. I looked at the clock…perfect timing…5:43 AM...exactly 2 minutes before my alarm was supossed to off. I got ready to go train my sister, but I really wasn’t “feelin it”. I have a lot on my mind…it’s the end of the week…and I always worry…worry that I won’t do a good job as a trainer…worry that “the boys” will critique me or laugh at me. Usually my worries are unfounded. Today…it was more of a foreboding.

So far it’s been the kind of day where it seems I can’t do anything right. No pity party…just the truth. I didn’t train “right”, and I haven’t been taught right either. The shoes I wore yesterday are the shoes I shoulda worn today! I made a mistake and didn’t schedule my nanny correctly so there were issues getting my kids to camp! Ugh! Can I just get it together?!? Needless to say…my stress level was high and my happiness was low. I went to the bathroom...I tried to compose myself so as not to come off like a sensitive bee-yotch...no luck...I couldn't hold my tears. So...I quickly gave myself an imaginary slap across the face...dried my tears...fanned my face to try & look normal again (I'm the ugliest cryer EVER!)...and went back out to face the"world" again...stronger...sorta.

It was a nice change of pace to stop thinking and just workout myself with A. He was really nice to me and “coached” me in a very respectful way. I needed that. I appreciated that. I’ve been struggling with back squats for a while. Once I was strong…I did well…then for a long time…I did not do back squats…my form and strength has suffered, but I’ll get it back...eventually. OMG! The AB section of our workout was horrendous. I HATE “V-UPS”…and they hate me too. I fumbled through til we were done and then came home to do cardio. I know it’s not the greatest for him…but I’m so glad to workout with A. He made me feel better.

I feel sleepy and drained. I’m gonna try to take it easy today and hang with my sweet 9yr old girl “Squid” since my other 2 kiddos are at camp all day. I need to clear my head and rest before I go to the CrossFit Level 1 certification tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it with nervous anticipation.

DYNAMIC WARM UP
------------------------

WORKOUT
-------------
BACK SQUAT (5 REP MAX)
45 X 10
55 X 8
65 X 5
75 X 5
85 X 5
95 X 5
100 X 5
5 REP MAX = 100 LBS

DROP SET- 75 LBS (DID 7 AND THEN MY LEGS WOULDN’T COOPERATE –SHOULD HAVE DOEN 65 LBS)

THEN:
6 STEP UPS (EACH LEG - 20 IN BOX – 65 LB BARBELL ON BACK)
3 SETS

THEN:
15 SWISS BALL BRIDGE WITH LEG CURL
4 SETS

THEN:
AB CIRCUIT
10 SPRINTER SIT UPS
10 “V-UPS”
10 TOE TOUCHES
10 REVERSE CRUNCH ON FLOOR
2 SETS

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: