Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 337...cUtE pAnTs aNd GirLy wEiGhTs...

I remember saying just last week how I was hoping to be sore... Well, there's an old saying that says, "Be careful what you wish for."...and right now...I'm regretting that wish. I am sore...ALL OVER...and it's not so much fun. I was wondering how I could workout today...actually I should say workout SUCCESSFULLY. Still...I wanted to workout so I put on some really cute workout pants to mask any "sad effort" I may have and headed to the gym.

I trained my sis and another lady and then it was time to workout with A. I wasn't very strong today. I felt so girly! I did pretty well...and I'm not upset with my effort...it just felt like I was just trying to be cute and lift some little weights in the process. It's a bit of a dramatic illustration, but hey...I've have been told lately that I am a dramatic girl. Our workout went well and I headed to lunch with my Mom to eat at my favorite Mexican restaraunt.

I got home and fell asleep on my bed. When I woke up, I realized that I still needed to do cardio. I mean C'MON! I ALWAYS have to do my cardio! I decided to go and try and break in on the 5:30 CrossFit group class up at the gym. I got there just in time and the guys...and a girl... were nice enough to let me crash their workout. Crap! I was just spent from the get go, but I couldn't stop or get beaten on time...so I just did my best. I wasn't very fast and the Hang Squat Cleans were a struggle because my body and my muscles are so sore. I finished first, but my time was about 2 minutes slower than it should've been. Oh well...I was just there to workout...not to break any records. Now, I'm sleepy...worn out...done...but happy too.

WARMUP
-------------

"STRENGTH" WORKOUT (A.M.)
---------------------------------------
FLOOR PRESS (STRONGMAN STYLE)
35X15, 45X10, 55X8, 65X5, 75X5, 85X1, 95X1, 100X1, 105(FAIL) 1 REP MAX=100LBS

THEN:
RING PUSH UPS (MAX REPS)
1=7
2=12
(sad effort but I did lots of push ups yesterday and I'm REALLY sore so I can't complain...I guess...)

THEN:
8 BARBELL BENT ROWS (80LBS)
20 FACE PULLS WITH BLUE BAND
4 SUPERSETS

THEN:
10 SHOULDER RAISES (FRONT, LATERAL, BACK-10 EA)
3 SETS

CARDIO (2ND WORKOUT P.M.)
------------------------------------
50 LUNGES
40 ABMAT SIT UPS
RUN 400 M
30 MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
20 HANG SQUAT CLEAN (65 LB BARBELL)
RUN 400 M
2 ROUNDS (22:45)

No comments: