Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 327...uPPeR bOdY aNyoNe?...

So...another upper body day. I wanna be sore so bad...I want to FEEL what I have done. I don't need it...but I WANT that validation. There's a saying that is something like "the more I learn...the less I seem to know". I'm in that mode. The more I'm exposed to...the more I realize how much I have to learn. A and I worked together this morning. He knows how to build "muscles"...I know how to outlast...how to endure...how to keep going when there's a shortage of oxygen. I'm trying to learn from him. It has been SO long since I trained like this. It's coming back...slowly but surely.

I ate a Krispy Kreme doughnut. I told A. He flipped when I told him so. He said eating it will make me all "bloated". Ewww! I hate that word...BLOATED! I mean is there EVER a time that anyone hears that word and doesn't get grossed out. I do. And for the record...I'm NOT bloated!...at least I don't think I am. Surely I would know...wouldn't I?

WARMUP

WORKOUT (UPPER BODY)
--------------------------------
BENCH PRESS (65 LBS) - 3 SETS (18+16+12=46 TOTAL)

THEN:

8 CHIN UPS
(NO KIPPING ALLOWED TODAY...STRICT...SO I USED THE SMALLEST BAND-THE BLUE ONE)

12 BAND PULLS (BLACK RESISTANCE BAND)
----------------------
3 SETS

THEN:
8 STRICT SHOULDER "MILITARY" PRESS (45 LB BAR)
--------------------------------------------------------------
4 SETS

THEN:
20 BENCH DIPS
20 HAMMER CURLS (15 LB DBs)
----------------------------------------
2 SETS

CARDIO
------------
2O MINUTES OF NONSTOP, PURE PAIN ON THE AIRDYNE (this morning)

NOW I'M ON MY WAY TO RUN AT THE PARK FOR 20 MINUTES. I KNOW...I'M ADDICTED TO CARDIO.

6:24 PM...So, yeah...I took a run at 5PM. It was SO hot! Thank goodness it's not as bad as it has been. My 20 minute run turned into a 35 minute run.

No comments: