Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 348 (2ND POST)...a cHaNgE oF pLaNs...

I REALLY DID plan on resting...it's just that...I went to Reata for lunch with my husband and ate REALLY GOOD, REALLY RICH, REALLY FATTENING food. This led to a change of plans. As I sat there before we got up to leave I was thinking..."CRAP! Now there's NO WAY I can rest! I gotta go workout...ASAP!" I know it's crazy..maybe even a sickness of sorts. It was like "exercise bulimia"...I binged on great food...and ALL I could think about was getting rid of it (burning it off...NO THROWING UP FOR ME...JUST a comparison)! J texted to ask when I was gonna come back to workout. We agreed on a time and I headed straight home to change and then straight up to the gym.

J has worn himself down. He works so hard and is always going in about 4 different directions. He's trying to "do it all"...and he IS...but it's taking a toll. He tried to argue with me that he's not tired. I disagreed. Our "relationship" has always been a bit like that. We like each other...but we can also bicker at times. We love to tease each other, and sometimes we disagree (strongly)...but at the end of the day...we share some good laughs and we still like each other. He was sore and had certain exercises that he didn't want to do so I let HIM make up the workout. LAST TIME I do that!!!

J and I were both struggling with the Thrusters from the beginning. My shoulders were killin me! My belly was WAY TOO FULL to be pushin like that!..and I was feeling unmotivated. Still I finish what I start. The sit ups were pretty tough considering I did 100...JUST YESTERDAY!...but I finished...before him...FINALLY. I thought I was Billy Bad A** and I would just grab my ipod and go for a run afterwards...WRONG! I ran about a quarter of a mile and thought..."I can't do this." I turned around and went back, gathered my stuff and left.

I know my thoughts about working out are...well...irrational and over the top at times...but this is who I am. It drives everyone crazy that I ALWAYS worry that I might look FAT. They all say, "How can you look in the mirror and say that?!?" I don't have an answer. I know my thoughts are NOT ordinary...but I'm NO ORDINARY GIRL...that's for sure! Does that make me weird? or special? Maybe I don't wanna know. ;)

DYNAMIC WARM UP
------------------------

WORKOUT
----------------
100 THRUSTERS (1ST 35 WITH 45LB BAR-SWITCHED TO 35LB BAR FOR THE REST)
500 JUMP ROPE SINGLES (NO...NOT A TYPO...500!)
100 RENEGADE ROWS (CAN DO MUCH HEAVIER BUT OPTED FOR LIGHT SINCE I WAS DOING SO MANY-10LB DBs)
100 SIT UPS (ABMAT-ANCHORED)
(23:43)

CARDIO
------------
.5 MILE RUN BEFORE GIVING IN TO MY BODY

No comments: