Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 18...I got those knees UP!


Today I had a lot of squats to do and my knees are feelin it. The overhead and front squats always feel awkward to me. I've got the back and air squats down. It was a good workout...challenging...but not murderous. What is interesting is that I hate KTEs (knees to elbows). I hate anything I'm not good at. I remember days of W begging me just to finish up because they would take me so long. I don't know what the deal was, but today...they were good! I was pretty fast (for me) too. I started out and I got my knees up high...higher than EVER before!...and I was controlled...I thought it was a fluke...beginner's luck. I did it again and again and again...strong...controlled...HIGH! I did 10 good ones WITHOUT stopping. For me that was good...then a quick rest and 4 sets of 5 good ones. It was awesome. I felt like I accomplished something. It was a good day at the gym.

WEEK 3/DAY 1

WORKOUT
(5 min warm up)
20 X OVERHEAD SQUAT @ 30#
20 X DECLINE SITUPS
30 X FRONT SQUAT @ 50#
30 X KTE
40 X BACK SQUAT @ 75#
40 X SITUPS (FEET ANCHORED)
50 X AIR SQUATS
50 X FROGGIES
(35 min)

CARDIO
40 MIN EASY RUN (7.0 FOR 30 MIN/WALK 1ST 5MIN & LAST 5 MIN)
(5 min stretch)
TOTAL WORKOUT TIME= 1 HR 25MIN

No comments: