Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 37...just like old times...


I can't remember the last time I had a really basic, normal workout...the kind that most people do...but with a little twist. I never use machines. Back in the beginning of my personal training journey, W would put me on certain machines, but we haven't done that in forever. Today was like the old days...an all over-total body workout with dumbbells and machines. The only difference was the different amounts of reps. It is so funny how my body has adapted to other really hard things, and I feel strong...but doing bicep curls with two 15# DBs was hard for me. Yet more proof that our bodies are constantly adapting to what we expose them to. I was running late and had a full day of things to do...unusual for a Saturday so I was trying to hurry. I was surprised that it took me 45 minutes to complete because I wasn't just sittin around. I kept going. There was only one other person in the gym so it was super weird. I only had time for 25 min of cardio before I had to head home. I expected today...the machines, curls, etc...to be easy, but as I was laying in the tanning bed afterwards, I realized that my biceps were actually hurting. Wow! I haven't had that happen in forever! Today's workout was harder than I expected in a different way than my usual "hard workouts" are. There was no timing...no hundreds of reps...no extreme moves...but it still challenged me. Today was pretty good...a nice surprise.

WEEK 5 / DAY 6
SHOULDER PRESS 15#
DB BICEP CURLS 15#
TRICEP PRESSDOWN 20#
PUSHUPS
SEATED ROW 55#
LEG EXTENSION 30#
LEG CURL 50#
CALF RAISE 70#
21, 18, 15, 12, 9

CARDIO
25 MIN ELLIPTICAL (NO HANDS)

TOTAL TIME = ABOUT 1 HR 15 MIN

No comments: