Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 45...grateful to rest...


I'm glad today is my day to rest. I was exhausted last night when I got into bed. Yesterday was stressful. Many things went wrong...but lots of things went right...So, the birthday party I was throwing took a turn I didn't expect or want. No, it didn't turn out perfect...but the boys had fun anyway. We could all learn a lesson from walking a day in a child's shoes and seeing things from their innocent eyes. All I could see was disaster, but when I looked over and saw five little boys hanging off a tiny merry go round...made for three toddlers, not five six year olds...laughing and having the time of their lives...all for a quarter...I knew that it would be okay...at least for them. As I listened to them laugh in the back of my van and saw the amazement in their eyes when they saw "real live" cowboys in the FW Stockyards...I realized what it means when they say "Don't sweat the small stuff.". They had fun just finding sticks and throwing acorns as we waitied for a different, smaller train after missing the first one. They found joy in everything yesterday. As I rest today, feeling very sore from yesterday's workout...with an eye that hurts and itches...still feeling a bit disappointed over yesterday's debacle...I realize that my life would be so much better if I could have a fraction of the joy those little boys found yesterday.

NO WORKOUT OR CARDIO/ REST DAY

No comments: