Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 40...sloooow start but feelin STRONG...


I was so slow getting started this morning. I usually get to the gym by 8:15. Today it was 10 when I got there. I just got busy straightening up the house, starting laundry, checkin e-mail...etc. etc. etc. Since I can't wear makeup for a few days, I figured that I can't go anywhere anyways, so what's the rush?!?

My workout today was not suppossed to include squats. Yesterday I was suppossed to do 150 squats, run 1/2 mile, and do 150 more squats. I didn't workout yesterday, so I wanted to do the squats today. I cut out the run and just did 150 squats at the beginning and 150 at the end. I felt really strong today. I worked up a sweat and I always have a hard time with side lateral raises...70# seemed SOOO heavy for me on cable pulldowns too...but really, I was fine. I was able to do it without much problem. I mean it was hard enough to satisfy me, but not so hard that it wiped me out. It was a good mix. I was surprised by how easy the 100s of squats were. I mean they weren't EASY, but they weren't that hard for me either. I just felt very competent and very strong today. It was nice to leave the gym on a nice cool, breezy, sunshiney day and feel good about what I did!

WEEK 6 / DAY 2
(warm up 5 min elliptical)
150 SQUATS
THEN...
PUSHUPS
SHOULDER PRESS #15#
SEATED ROWS 55#
15, 15, 15
CABLE CROSSOVERS 10#
SIDE LATERAL RAISES 10#
CABLE PULLDOWNS 70#
15, 15, 15
THEN...
150 SQUATS
(40 MIN)

CARDIO
40 MIN TREADMILL
(30 MIN RUN (8.4MPH)/WALK (4.0MPH) INTERVALS - 10 MIN BRISK WALK ON 15 DEGREES/(4.5MPH)
(5 min stretch)

TOTAL - 1HR 30 MIN

No comments: