Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 33...just pluggin along...


What is the deal? I have been so boring over the last several days/week. I have nothing exciting to say. Nothing to write that anyone else would want to read. I just love to work out and so day after day, I go to the gym. I just plug along and complete workouts...one after another...after another...after another.

It's so boring working out alone. I miss my trainer...my friend. I miss laughing and telling stories. I miss being oblivious to the strangers around me. I miss being challenged and pushed to the limit. I miss that stinkin stopwatch and that horrible bike. I can complete difficult workouts and push myself and never cheat or quit...but it's not the same...at all. I give it my all, but today it felt like I was going through the motions...pluggin along...just checking off a task. The workout was great and it took me longer which I liked. It pushed me and was hard. I worked really hard. It's just different...lonely.

I find myself being jealous...not everyday or all the time...just ever so often...just when I'm lonely or especially bored. I'm jealous of strangers..of people whose faces I've never seen...voices I've never heard...names I do not know. I'm jealous of those that have taken my place...that get to talk to and interact with the person that I want to interact with and talk to. I know it's silly and selfish, but it's the honest truth.

Anyways...today's workout was hard and good and long and I liked it. It's interesting watching people watch me do Thrusters. I think it freaks some people out. It's funny. I was surprised by how much harder it was to do Thrusters at 55# rather than the usual 45#. I had to cut down to 45# on the 3rd round, because I was compromising form and arching my back. I didn't want to injure myself or lose the full benefit of the exercise done correctly, so I made an executive decision and it solved the problem. It was good and I felt strong and confident with the exercises...even if I was just pluggin along.

WEEK 5 / DAY 2
(warm up 5 min crosstrainer)
20 X BALL TOSS 10#
20 X BALL SLAM 10#
20 X BOX JUMPS
20 X THRUSTERS 55#
20 X PULLUPS (used the stands and did them "assisted" with my foot)
20 x BACK EXTENSIONS
20 X SITUPS
RUN .25 MILES ON TREADMILL (8.7 SPEED)
3 ROUNDS
(45 MIN)

CARDIO
30 MIN ON CROSSTRAINER
(5 min stretch)

TOTAL = 1 HR 25 MIN

No comments: