Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 496...mAkiN tiMe tO wOrKoUt...

Today was one of "those days" when it would be so easy to say, "I workout every day.  I have a lot to do.  I don't have time, so I'll skip it."  That is such a dangerous attitude.  The fact is, it is never really convenient to workout.  We can all find things that we could be doing during the time we are in the gym.

I had a doctor's appointment and a client, JE to train midday.  I wasn't sure how I would do it, but I was determined that once I got kids off to school...I would workout...get ready...and be everywhere I needed to be...on time even (BIG feat for ME).  I went to the gym and decided to do the same WOD (workout of the day) as the group classes.  I knew it was gonna be hard when I saw how long it took even the fastest and strongest of us all.  I was worried that I may not have time to do anything else, but no matter what I was gonna do that WOD.

It was full of complicated movements done with ONLY one arm at a time.  I warmed up, hit the stopwatch and started working.  It was hard from the start, but it did feel different...better with my new weightlifting shoes on.  I noticed how much more solid I felt on my "landings".  It was a struggle...I was soaking wet with sweat...and I grunted and yelled throughout the entire workout...buuuut...I finished with a pretty fast time...a few seconds faster than R even!

It was really hard, but it was also very satisfying.  I felt strong and capable...like no matter what situation I encounter...I can take care of myself.  It was painful and long...it stretched me...but I am glad that made the time to workout.

10 (ea ARM) SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL SNATCH (20 LB DB)
10 (ea ARM) SINGLE ARM BARBELL PUSHPRESS (holding bar perpindicular to body- 35 LB bar)
10 (ea ARM) DUMBBELL HANG SQUAT CLEAN (20 LB DB)

5 ROUNDS FOR TIME (40:03)

No comments: