Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 480...i dId iT! i dId iT!...

I'm feelin better and I was back at it today. So...I'm gonna start with a little bragging...it's really a teensy tinesy part of what I did...but it's a BIG deal for me. I have wanted to do a DEAD HANG PULL UP ever since I worked with my first trainer and my great friend, W. I've tried and tried...but it NEVER happens! I finally worked on "KIPPING" PULL UPS with J and after a LOOOOONG time I got em. Still...I've always wanted to do DEAD HANGs.

Today I went up to the gym in the afternoon to workout with J. Some of the guys from the fire department right down the street that J works with came by. I should mention that these are 2 big guys. We were all talking and kinda playin around on the pull up bars. After doing some kipping pull ups, on the "skinny bar" , I went over to the "fat bar" and I was hanging. All of the sudden, I puuled my shoulder blades together and I started to rise so I kept pulling...and next thing I knew...I HAD DONE A DEAD HANG PULLUP!!!!!!!! And NO ONE even saw it! So I told J and then I did it again to SHOW him...I had to kick my legs a little at the end of the second one but still...I DID IT!!! Yay me! I didn't get much excitement from anyone, but I was happy on the inside anyways!

Okay so now on to the workout......
The two guys from the fire dept decided to do a workout that J suggested with a 53lb kettle bell. I wasn't sure what to do and they invited me to join them so I figured what the heck and agreed to join them. J decided to join us as well. So, here was the workout. The 4 of us stood in a circle. J started. He did 1 Kettle Bell swing with a 53 lb KB and then put it down and did 1 Burpee. While he was doin his Burpee, the guy next to him started with a KB swing and we kept going. You go from 1 to 10 and back down. At first, there is "rest" between sets, but by the time you get to 5, there's not much rest and NO "rest" once you get higher. It was so bad...so hard. I felt like some one was squeezing the air from my lungs and holding them so that I couldn't ever fully expand them with air. I was also choking down the fajitas I ate for lunch...really.

I have to say that I kept right up with those guys...3 strong firemen...they offered to let me use the 44 lb Kettle Bell. I used the 53 lb KB...JUST LIKE the boys. I was so dead when we were done, but it felt good. I felt strong. I was so pumped that as soon as I was done, I drove to the park and ran 4.5 miles! Today was a great day. I'm so glad to feel better and be back at the gym.

WORKOUT
-------------
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
KETTLE BELL SWING (53 LB KB)
BURPEE
(that comes out to 100 REPS total of each exercise)

CARDIO
-----------
4.5 MILE RUN

3 comments:

Shorty said...

Just a guess, but I think you were a boy in your past life. Way to go keeping up with them. I'll admire that from afar! Glad you are feeling better and getting back into your groove!

s said...

YOU ARE AWESOME AND AMAZING! :)!

MC said...

I have often joked that I am a guy living in a woman's body! ha ha!