Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 490..."yEaH, i'M sTrOnGeR bUt i'M hUnGrY tOO!"

Well, I should not do Starting Strength lifts two days in a row...buuuut...I got off track and I wanted to get back on so even though I lifted just last night...I got up and did it again this morning.  I expected to struggle.  I was prepared to not be able go up in weight.  This was not the case.

I decided to do my 1 RM on Back Squat since I did work sets last night.  My previous "PR" was 165.  Today I lifted 175!!!  I also lifted 177.2, but my form went so crazy at the end that I didn't count it.  Seriously!  I am so happy about that!  I moved on to Power Cleans...something I struggle with and don't like.  Last week I did my 5 work sets at 87.2 lbs, and it was a challenge.  Today I used 97.2 lbs and it wasn't easy, but it also was not near as hard as I expected!  Then, I came back later on in the afternoon to do my bench pressing so that J could "spot" me.  Actually I just needed someone to help me lift the bar off the rack to get started.  Again...I did my work set with 7 lbs MORE than last week!  

It may seem like, I'm holding back and not pushing myself...not so.  Every time I lift, I use the most weight that I can possibly lift.  I usually can barely do the last lift or press towards the end of my work sets.  So, it is really amazing!  Coach Rippetoe has an amazing program.  So, I am really excited about the "gains" I'm making...but there's one little problem...

The problem is that I am hungry...all the time.  I feel like a teenage boy!  I never feel full and I am eating constantly.  Because of this...I am really afraid of gaining weight.  I'm not sure if I will ever be realistic and healthy when it comes to my fear of gaining weight.  I am so terribly afraid of ever being fat again.  So, I guess I'll have to start planning and preparing some heathy stuff to eat during the day, so that I'm not so uneasy about eating all day.

I don't say this too often...but...I am really proud of how hard I worked and how well I did in the gym today.

BACK SQUAT
-----------------
45 LBS X 10 (warm up)
65 LBS X 5
95 LBS X 3
135 LBS X 1
155 LBS X 1
170 LBS X 1
175 LBS X 1
177.2 LBS X 1 (form got all jacked up)

POWER CLEANS
---------------------
75 LBS X 3 X 2
85 LBS X 3
92.2 LBS X 3
97.2 LBS X 3 X 5

BENCH PRESS
------------------
45 LBS X 10
65 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
92.2 LBS X 5
97.2 LBS X 5 X 3

No comments: