Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 479..."bOOtY caLL"...

“Learn how to squat. It works more muscles than any other exercise. It’s harder. It’s a longer range of motion and it will make more difference in your appearance over a shorter period of time than any single thing you can do. You have to learn how to squat correctly, and correctly is below parallel.” ~Mark Rippetoe
I've said it before..."I want a BIG, round butt!" It scares the boys I work out with but I don't care. I'm not gettin any younger and I gotta fight to keep my booty up where it should be. Besides...I think it's funny how my guy friends are like, "Why do you want a big 'badonka-donk' butt?"...you'd think it's a repulsive site...funny how it doesn't stop people from lookin every now and then. Who knows...maybe it's not attractive...but it's MY butt so I'll keep "workin it"!

I do A LOT of squatting and lunging in my quest for a great butt and I've been slackin a little lately and I can tell. MY butt still looks good, but it definitely seems a little smaller to me. When I mentioned this in the gym the other day at the end of a workout...ONE of the guys I was workin out with...one that will remain nameless (out of the goodness of my heart) IMMEDIATELY said, "Yeah! It is!". ha ha! I wanted to tease him and say, "Oh you've been checkin it out have you?!?" but I knew it would freak him out and he would take it seriously so I controlled myself.I knew I needed to do heavy Back Squats today...so, I went up to the gym for a little "booty call" with the barbell. Ha ha! I didn't really wanna do "worksets"...I really wanted to see if I could get more on my 1 Rep Max. I got distracted on my computer and left way late, but I did a lot yesterday so I knew I wouldn't be at the gym long. I warmed up with some light squats and then when I got up to about 135lbs...I started to really take some rest in between efforts (about 5 min). I kept lookin at the window where we have all our times and numbers written in marker. I didn't care what I squatted as long as it was more than 155lbs. I was determined to erase that number and write another in its place.

J bought some fractional plates so that we could have smaller jumps as we are trying to improve our "strength". Sometimes, 5 lbs is too much, so it was nice to be able to have the option of making smaller increases towards the end. In the end, I got up to 165lbs!!! Yay! I GOT 10 LBS MORE! I know I coulda gotten at least another 2 lbs but my family was waiting on me for lunch so I closed up shop...knowing that I'll get more next time! I'm really excited that I was able to do what I went up there to do!

BACK SQUAT
-----------------

45 LBS X 5 X 2
65 LBS X 5
95 LBS X 3
115 LBS X 3
135 LBS X 1
150 LBS X 1
160 LBS X 1
162 LBS X 1
165 LBS X 1


CARDIO
-----------
45 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE




*By the way...as a funny side note...this picture is NOT from today. This picture is an example of what happens when you hand a camera to a GUY and let him take pictures of your "form". I laughed so hard when I got home and amongst all the pictures, there was THIS one. I don't think he was lookin at my face...do you? ;D LMAO! I love boys!

No comments: