Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 492...jUsT kEEp tALkiN sMaCk...

We had a workout up at the gym this morning. It wasn't really one for NEW or POTENTIAL clients. It was just a casual workout for all the people that come to the group training classes. J was telling us about the workout.  He was explaining that after the first round, there would be a 3 minute rest before starting the second round.  I was talkin ALL kinda smack! "They don't need rest between the two rounds!" "I'll do it without rest!...and do it faster!" The guys were laughin at me. We had to start in groups of twos because there are only two rowing machines and 1000M Row was the first part of the workout.

That freakin rowing machine is so unforgiving! It just drains everything right out of you. So to then do Thrusters right after...and then Squats...etc etc etc...was really hard! I shut that smack talkin attitude right down! Amazing how some intensity can humble even the cockiest person! I was LOVING...NEEDING that rest when it came! It was hard, but in the end...when it was all said and done...I had a great time...lots of fun!

A new guy that wants me to train him came by. I'm seriously baffled as to why a strong guy...a SWAT guy...would choose ME! I guess I better live up to the idea that he has about me! I am excited for the challenge, but truth be told...a part of me is a little scared...intimidated...but at the same time...I KNOW I can do a good job...and I will.

My legs are already starting to get really sore so I should be sufficiently "crippled" tomorrow. Good times!

NAVY SEALS WORKOUT
-------------------------------
2 ROUNDS FOR TIME
1000 M ROW
50 THRUSTERS 65/45LBS
40 SQUATS
30 BOX JUMPS
20 JUMPING LUNGES
10 BURPEES
REST 3 MIN BETWEEN ROUNDS
*NEGATIVE SPLIT ON SECOND ROUND-50 BURPEE PENALTY IF NOT NEGATIVE SPLIT! (this means if your 2nd round takes longer than the first, you get a penalty)

35:10 (including 4 min rest/waiting on rower an extra min) It took me 1 minute longer to do the second round so I guess I'll be doing 50 BURPEES!!!

No comments: