Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 494...a LiL sOmEtHiN sOmEtHiN iS bEttEr tHaN nOtHin...

Well...the ice storm came along late last night...so the kids were home from school and my hubby was home until about 11.  I made a big yummy breakfast and then planned to do some cardio here at home, before headin out to the gym around lunchtime.  It didn't quite work out as planned.  I was feelin sooo lazy....annnd my kids were here so I wanted to spend time with them.  We played around...and layed around and didn't even go out for some lunch until 1:30.  I was freaking out thinking that I may never get to workout.  That would be really stressful.  

You see...I just got some old "fat pics" from my sis the other day.  They remind me of how very sad I was when I was fat...how very uncomfortable I was...and how much I hated myself.  No one really has a true understanding of just how much I suffered.  It scares me and motivates me to get up everyday and do something. 

Once we got home, I intended to do some "long cardio"...30 min on the bike and 30 min on the elliptical...but my brothers stopped by.  Finally, I was able to workout...but all I had time for was 30 min on the elliptical and then I was late to get up to work.  I knew I should just get ready and go to work early, but mentally...I needed to do some sort of exercise.  I felt bad when I got to the gym 5 minutes before class and everyone was waiting outside on me.  As my friend, R would say..."FAIL!".  They were all sweet and we got started.  We had a really fun, full group and they worked hard.  I was feeling stressed when I got there...I left happy and feeling loved.  I say it all the time, but I just love the people up at the gym...they really make my life better.  

I didn't get to do what I wanted...but I did something...and I guess a lil "somethin somethin" is better than nothin!

30 MIN ELLIPTICAL 

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Let me just say a big THANKS TO YOU for making my day with your comment this morning. You are too sweet!

I'm glad you've continuously found your motivation to stay fit. I'm working on that one... I try to eat right most of the time, with an occasional Braum's caramel sundae in the mix, but I'm horrible with staying motivated to work out. I want to get better at this!!! But, I haven't mastered it yet. Kudos to you for finding what works and sticking with it!