Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 481...dOeSn'T gEt mUcH bEttEr...

"I AM HAPPY!" I had a good day...in the gym...in general. I don't remember the last time that I had a day where I felt NO STRESS...ever...a day that I was happy and at ease...ALL DAY. I feel really blessed. I know that normally I'm all "Grrr...weights...racing the boys...blah blah blah!". It's all about what goes on in the gym...but today I just feel like it's important to recognize...goodness. I am so quick to write about what makes me sad or frustrates me...it's SO easy to recognize failure...but sometimes being aware of and recognizing small, everyday blessings is not as natural.

I went up to the gym to do some "strength training" with J. I was really genuinely excited to work with him. We are both really working hard to practice what we learned at the Barbell certification and we are also committed to pushing ourselves and getting stronger. It's hard to do some things alone. It's nice to have someone there to help lift the bar off the rack for bench pressing and it's so helpful to have someone watch your back squat and coach you or reassure you. We helped each other and I felt like we both had a really successful workout. J and I both felt A LOT better about our back squatting technique.

I was supposed to meet my Mom and sis, K, for lunch so J and I stopped before we got a chance to do dead lifts and agreed to meet back up later on in the afternoon to finish up. I had a great lunch and afterwards, my little sis talked me into going for pedicures together. I say "talked me into it", but it doesn't take much to get me to go for a pedicure. I LOOOOVE having my feet rubbed! I picked out a color I wouldn't normally pick. I mean I love pink, but I went crazy and picked this bright, Pepto Bismol pink polish. My toes look like Barbie toes. I shouldn't...but I love em! When I was done, I headed back to the gym to meet J.

I had to dead lift bare foot because I didn't want to mess up my toes by putting socks and shoes on so soon. Of course J thought that was funny. I'm sure it was a silly site...ME in my cute PINK Victoria's Secret workout pants ...makeup ...ponytail... "Barbie" toes... deadlifting 205 lbs...5 times in a row! AX is new and was there. He was really surprised that I could lift that much...that many times. It made me feel good.   I LOVE SURPRISING PEOPLE!


After deadlifting...I went to the park down the street to run.  I got out and put on ipod on...thinking "How great is this?!?  It's January and it's 62 degrees!  I'm running in January...in a tank top!"I had a great run.  I felt fast and strong the whole time.  I was pretty sweaty and needed to run by the store, so I went back by the gym to grab a towel because it's literally 1 minute from the park.  It was so nice to walk in and have 3 of the guys immediately greet me...happy to see me.  R asked when I was covering their group training again and told me that he loves how I always motivate him and push him further.  THAT made me feel really good.

So, today may not seem like much to anyone else...but to me it was bliss.  I did lots of things that I LIKE to do and I spent lots of time with people that I LOVE to be with!  It just doesn't get much better!


BACK SQUAT
-----------------
45 LBS X 5 X 2
65 LBS X 5
95 LBS X 5
110 LBS X 5
120 LBS X 5 X 3

BENCH PRESS
----------------
45 LBS X 5
65 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
95 LBS X 5 X 3

DEAD LIFT
--------------
95 LBS X 5
135 LBS X 5
155 LBS X 5
175 LBS X 5
205 LBS X 5

CARDIO
-----------
4.5 MILE RUN


*Just a note...those are NOT my toes in the picture above...mine are MUCH cuter! ;D

No comments: