Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 199...GO SPEED RACER GO!...

I'm a "speedy" kinda girl. I like to go fast! I talk fast...I drive fast...and I exercise fast! So, as much as I stress over...and in some ways hate timed workouts...deep down I LOVE them! Today was a "timed" workout day. It was hard...harder than I tried to make it appear to J. It was great though. I felt SO energized when I left.

My sisters S and K, esp S, and I loved the cartoon Speed Racer when we were kids! I was borderline obsessed with being Trixie. Anyways...all I could think of as I drove off from the gym was the end of the theme song..."Go Speed Racer! Go Speed Racer! Go Speed Racer....GO!" It was playing over and over in my head on the way home.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the gym today. These are the days that make the crappy days worth it. These are the days that keep me coming back when I don't want to. I think the "beast" inside is slowly starting to awaken! Today was great!

WARMUP
----------
4 MIN ELLIPTICAL
THEN:
10 PUSHUPS
10 AIR SQUATS
REPEAT FOR 3 SETS

WORKOUT
------------
"FRAN"
21, 15, 9
THRUSTERS (45 LB BAR)
PULLUPS (JUMPING)
TIME = 5:56 (the SAD truth-now I have something to beat!)

THEN:
5 MIN WALL BALL (12 LB MED BALL)

THEN:
5 MIN BURPEE (W/ PUSHUP)- JUMPING PULLUP COMBO


CARDIO
---------
RUN (OUTSIDE-5.04 MILES-CALORIES=493)

This one's for my girls - "Spritle" & "Chim Chim"...ha ha! =D
--------------------------------------
*On a sad, sad note...I thought I had escaped the "evil stepsisters" from my old gym, Century...but to my dismay the crazy brunette troll has reappeared. I know I sound so mean and caddy, but they were so mean to me. They would stand together with a pack of hideous cardio obsessed Moms and glare at me and make comments...always making sure it was loud enough for me to hear. I should be the "bigger" person (FIGURATIVELY...PLEASE!) and ignore them...you know...the whole "sticks and stones" crap...but it always really hurt my feelings...and anyone who loves me knows that when you hurt my feelings...IT'S ON BABY! By the way, if you want to see their faces, look up "HATERS" in the encyclopedia and I'm sure they"ll be pictured. Why can't I escape them?!?! ("That's a rhetorical question, Farley!")

No comments: