Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 174...YEEHAW! Now we're cookin!...

I usually like to listen to hard...loud..angry music when I workout...Linkin Park...Stone Temple Pilots...Breaking Benjamin...Audioslave...that kinda stuff. Today...I went nuts and listened to country music the whole time I worked out. It was so weird...and I enjoyed it! It was just me...Rascal Flatts...Tim McGraw...Danielle Peck...Jason Aldean...the elliptical...my very loud tone deaf singing...and my sweet dog staring at me like I've lost it. Yep Prissy! I've lost it! Good thing she doesn't howl!

I say "Now we're cookin!", because my shoulders were burning during today's "light upper body workout" (so lame!). It's stretching my brain to come up with upper body exercises that are...conventional...that won't make me strain or engage my abs. It's a good refresher course I guess. I felt good, but my stomach is feeling sore on the sides of my lower belly where my incision was. My muscles feel tired...hard to believe when one is using 5, 8, & 12 lb DBs.

Tomorrow, I think I'll give my brain a rest from conjuring up exercises and my body a rest from weights. I'm feeling stronger everyday. Yea me!

WORKOUT
------------
45 MIN ELLIPTICAL
THEN:
15 FRONT DB RAISE (5LB DBs)
15 MILITARY PRESS (8LB DBs)
15 DB SHRUG (12LB DBs)
15 TRICEP PRESS (BEHIND HEAD-BOTH HANDS WITH A SINGLE 12LB DB)
15 DB BENCH PRESS (LAYING ON BENCH-12 LB DBs)
15 HAMMER CURLS (8LB DBs)
15 EA ARM-DB ROTATION (5 LB DB-LYING ON SIDE-HEAD SUPPORTED BY HAND BY FLOOR-OTHER ARM "FIXED" TO SIDE-HOLDING DB HORIZONTAL AND LOWERING STRAIGHT DOWN TO FLOOR AND BACK UP)
REPEAT FOR 3 SETS

No comments: