Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 187...OUCH!...YEA!!!...

It's amazing that I could feel so low yesterday and feel so much better today. I woke up feeling so much better physically, which in turn had an effect on my emotions. I'm SO GLAD that for once I wasn't a stubborn idiot!. For once, I listened to my body and I gave it the rest it needed. I texted J to see if he could train with me today and he said that he could. I warmed up and we got started. It was so nice to not do it alone. I realized that when I am alone...I NEVER rest in between exercises. EVERY set...is a superset. What happens, is that I do what most people would do in 30 minutes in 10 or 15 minutes. I never think it's enough, so I do more...and more...and more. I cram an hour and a half of work into 45 minutes and over do it. Usually, it's not such a big deal, but when I'm in a state of recovery...that's bad.

I think my trainers wonder why I feel that I need their help. I can hold my own and work alongside them. I know exercises. I know correct form. I work hard regardless, but still I need them to balance me. Sometimes, I need to be pushed and other times I need to be slowed down. I thought I wanted J's help today, but I didn't realize how much I needed him until today. It was a safe feeling letting him be in charge of what I did...of knowing that if I listen...I'll be okay.

I felt good. We took it pretty easy, but it was still good. There were some things that were hard for me...not from a surgical recovery stand point...but from a loss of strength standpoint. The shoulder presses were harder than I expected and I didn't say anything, but I had serious rubber legs for a few minutes after the 1 minute squat hold. I went down on my knees at the end, because I COULDN"T lift myself up. We did some isometric pullup "holds". I use to be pretty good. Today...not so much. I NEED a rough bar and some chalk...oh and more grip strength...

I felt really good when I left. I felt...satisfied. The word "satisfied" sounds so mediocre...but sometimes I kill myself and feel a sense of accomplishment...and I still leave unsatisfied. Satisfaction is underrated. Satisfaction can be amazing. My hands are a little sore. I use to hate having sore, rough hands and peeling calluses all the time. Today my hands hurt and it was great! The pain is a reminder of what I accomplished. I'm not where I once was, but I'm on my way. Yea!

WARMUP
----------
4 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
-------------

BENCH PRESS (45/65LBS)
20 AIR SQUATS
REPEAT FOR 3 ROUNDS

THEN:

ISOMETRIC HOLDS ON BAR & HANGING
SHOULDER PRESS (45LBS)
FARMER'S WALK (2-35LB PLATES)
REPEAT FOR 2 ROUNDS

THEN:
LEG CURL (50 - 60 - 70LBS)
ISOMETRIC SQUAT HOLD (1 MIN - 45 SEC- 30 SEC)
REPEAT FOR 3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL
(CROSSTRAINING PROG)
STRETCH

No comments: