Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 188...hello, leotard!...farewell, tire!...


Today has ended up being a rest day of sorts. I didn't intend for it to be...it's just ended up that way. My nanny is off for the next week and a half for her wedding, so I have to be a real live mommy with no help. I can do it...I can do it well...I did it for many years when my kids were babies and it was ALOT harder. It's just that I'm spoiled, so it's a bit of an adjustment. I'm not used to taking kids to the gym or dropping them off to be babysat when I go to the doctor. I'm use to making a schedule, paying a check, running out the door, and leaving a list of instructions by the phone.

Me, Syd, & J (my little J-not my trainer) went to breakfast at IHOP after Sav left to spend the day with her friend. Apparently, everyone else and their Mama had the same idea, so we had to wait. By the time we got to the gym, it was 11:20 and the daycare closes at 12. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, grabbed the kids, and we left. I got ready, dropped them off at my Mom's house and headed to see Dr. R.


I was nervous and excited to see what I can do...as far as working out goes. I wish I had a hidden camera when I ask questions like, "Can I flip a tire? A heavy tire?..like 200 lbs?...". Seeing my doctor's face...my doctor that has probably NEVER worked out in his life...my doctor that said, "You might want to get a tight leotard to wear when you do aerobics for the next couple of months."...his face...is so funny when I ask these things. I love it though, because after I explain that I workout with "the boys" out back...after I explain that I don't "do aerobics" with the rest of "the girls"...after the shock...he smiles and I think he genuinely gets a kick out it. He's never met anyone like me...that's for sure. And...apparently he hasn't been to a gym in the 21st century to see that women no longer wear "leotards" to workout. Sorry, Doc!...I'll pass on the 80's leotard.

I hated to hear about my "limitations", but I was happy to find out that I can do pretty much anything I want. So while it's HELLO to jumping and running and situps...it's FAREWELL to my friend the tire for a while longer. I'll miss that. Me and J had some fun times with that tire. I guess all I can do is start counting down the days til I can flip it again.

I'm scared and excited for tomorrow.

35 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: