Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 182..."the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows"...

I feel pretty good...I refuse to be down. My hip has a funny "twinge" goin on...again...and my knees are bothering me. WHAT?!? I haven't barely done anything! I hate my reflection in the mirrors at the gym. I feel so soft and fat. My tummy is not hurting...just feeling kinda weird...but I decided as I drove home feeling depressed...that this is all part of life. You get knocked down and you pick yourself up. You CHOOSE to be happy sometimes, because it doesn't always come so easily. I LOVE Rocky movies, because to me...they are about getting beat up, but NEVER giving up. I decided that yeah...my belly feels weird...my knees and hip are a little sore...I'm not in the shape I was a month ago...and I don't look like what I want to...BUT crying and whining won't fix that. A positive attitude, hard work, and perseverance are the things that will. So I'll keep "getting up" and trying again...no matter how hard life "hits me". There was a quote about this very idea that I have from the movie "Rocky Balboa" that I love. I found a video of him saying it that I'll leave as my inspiration for the day...LOVE YA ROCK!

I HR TREADMILL (FAST WALKING AT VARIOUS INCLINES)
THEN:
21, 15, 9
MILITARY PRESS
(10 LB DBs)
DB KICK BACKS (5 LB DB)
STANDING BICEP CURL (25 LB BAR)
THEN:
21, 15, 9
TRICEP ROPE PRESS
(30LB)
SEATED ROW (30 LB-SITTING, NOT "HOVERING")
LATERAL RAISES (5LB DBs)
FRONT RAISES (5 LB DBs)
STRETCH

No comments: