Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 190...pErcEpTioN...

"WHAT THE MIND DOES NOT KNOW, THE EYE DOES NOT SEE."
-----------------------------Ancient Proverb-----------------------------


Perception is an amazing thing. Four people can see the same thing and have four separate views of what they've seen. I wanted to push it a little harder today and see how my body would take it. I set up my little circuit in the back room of the gym and got started after I warmed up. After the first round, I was already feeling tired and wondering if I had made a mistake, but I wanted to finish what I started. About half way through my circuit, a guy came in the room and started doing crunches. I was dying...just trying to get through my workout. It didn't help having some guy watch me. He tried to play cool like he wasn't watching, but every time I looked over, he was looking at me. Spare me! When I got done, I started putting my things away. As I went to go back in the room to grab my water and towel, he said, "I'm going home! I was feeling strong until I watched you workout!". I said, "Well, I'm not feeling so strong. I am a little out of shape from taking some time off, but I'm trying to get it back." He said, "Wow! You looked strong to me." I just thanked him, smiled, and made a little more obligatory small talk before "escaping" to get on the bike to finish with cardio.

It was so ironic...what he said. I was thinking that I looked weak...that I could've done better. Who knows...maybe he was just looking for an excuse to talk to me and he didn't really think that. But I was thinking after he walked away...how funny it was that we could be in the same room and see totally different things. I never see myself or my effort like other people do.

I'm not sure if I overdid it. I was pretty shaky when I made it to the recumbent bike, but I recovered pretty quick. My back feels sore and my belly feels a little weird, but I feel pretty good...I think. I'm sure the KB swings were what did it. It's just that I figure that I have to get back up to speed at some point and it's not going to come without a little pain.

I am glad that tomorrow is a rest day.

WARMUP
-----------
4 MIN ELLIPTICAL
1 MIN BALL SLAMS
(12 LBS)

WORKOUT
-------------
ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS
("RDL"-55LB BAR)
BOX JUMP (22 IN BOX)
KB SWING (25 LBS)
21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3 (75 TOTAL)
19 MIN


CARDIO
---------
40 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE
5 MIN STRETCH

TOTAL TIME = about 1HR 10 MIN

No comments: