Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 172...a sLoW staRt...

I went to the doctor yesterday and got good news. I was given permission to start slowly doing cardio and very "light" upper body weight lifting. It was the day I've been looking forward to for 3 long weeks. It was funny though...I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst...so I was actually a little thrown off by the fact that I was getting such good news. I thought I would want to immediately run to the gym, but instead I felt a little uneasy...anxious.

I decided that I should try the elliptical here at home to see how my body...that has become accustomed to laying around for three weeks...would tolerate exercising again, before returning to the gym. I was nervous because I've felt very nauseous, but it was better than I expected. I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical. I felt good, but tired when I was through. I probably should've gone for 30 minutes to ease myself back into it, but that's not my style.

So overall...I am happy. It was a slow start...but it's a start...so I have no complaints and I look forward to what tomorrow will bring.

45 MIN ELLIPTICAL (LOWEST RESISTANCE-FLAT-per DR. R's instructions)

IST DAY BACK!!!

No comments: