Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 175..."bE yOuRsELf"...


For once, I did what I said I would do. I ONLY did cardio today. I DID bump up the resistance to the next level, but I left the weights alone. I tried on a few bikinis last night...SO DUMB when you've just had surgery 3 weeks ago and haven't been working out like normal. I was feeling a little down...frustrated...afterwards. Is it so wrong to want a HOT bod?!? No matter what shape I'm in...or how low my body fat gets...or how much muscle definition I have...I'm never satisfied...so then I feel defeated. It wasn't like I cried myself to sleep...I just had an internal "moment".

So, I got up and took kids to school, went to an awards ceremony, and came home to get on my elliptical before I had to take S lunch. As I stepped up and put my ipod around my arm...I had a moment when I thought, "What does it matter? I'll never look as good as...I thought of random Victoria's Secret models...women in fitness magazines...etc. etc. etc."...you know all the airbrushed 20 somethings. It so self defeating when I think like that...but...it's the stupid crap I do all the time.

I was feeling back to "normal"...no country today...I'm ready to rock. I started out with "Outshined" by Soundgarden and moved on to some random Audioslave songs (same dif). Then while I was going along...the song "Be Yourself" came on. It is such a great song with an incredible message...so simply put...

"...To be yourself is all that you can do

And even when you've paid enough, been pulled apart or been held up
With every single memory of the good or bad faces of luck
don't lose any sleep tonight
I'm sure everything will end up alright

You may win or lose

But to be yourself is all that you can do
To be yourself is all that you can do"



I can't keep comparing myself to other people. We are all different...all experiencing different things...at different times. So I got on the elliptical to workout and had a bit of an epiphany. What a deal...a workout and therapy session...all in one! The only thing that could have made it better was to watch Chris Cornell sing it...so smokin hot...what it is with me and those grungy bad boys?!

45 MIN ELLIPTICAL (BUMPED UP TO HIGHER RESISTANCE & DIDN'T REALLY FEEL THAT MUCH MORE CHALLENGED)
...and as a side note... My biceps are very sore today (never happens!) from those HAMMER CURLS yesterday. I need to do those more often!

No comments: