Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 139...running for recovery...


I needed a day to recover after yesterday's workout. I decided to just do cardio today. Today it was bare bones...no lists or books with workouts...no cute workout clothes...no makeup...no matching gloves...no trainer. It was just ME...a plain tank...plain grey Soffe shorts...my tunes and the treadmill. It was probably a bit scary for those at the gym, but I NEEDED a day off...from all that stuff.

My hip has had a bit of a twinge starting up again, but I was dying to run...so I compromised with myself (NO. I don't have multiple personalities...at least non that have been "diagnosed"...hee hee). I did run/walk intervals. I cranked it back up to 8.5 on the running part. I haven't run that fast since my time off with my hip. It was hard, but i enjoyed it. AC/DC was blasting in my ears. So good! I had to overcome the urge to sing out loud a few times...especially on "Back In Black" & my all time favorite AC/DC tune "Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution". I looked disgusting, I was sweating like CRAZY, and my hip was a little sore when I was done, but it was so worth it.

CARDIO
-------------
RUN/WALK INTERVALS
3 MIN WALK 4.0 (arms down by side to lower heart rate) / 3 MIN RUN 8.5 (arms up...full throttle)
42 MINUTES
WALK AT 4.4 AT HIGHEST INCLINE (15)
3 MIN
TREADMILL TOTAL = 45 MIN

STRETCH LEGS

No comments: