Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 117...pain and perseverance...


My hip is killing me and I am so frustrated. I just want to workout. I want to work out hard...everyday...is that so bad?!? It scares me when I am in pain, because the thought of being truly injured and having to take time off or slide backwards is incredibly depressing and overwhelming to me. I know I should stop when I am in pain, but I just can't. I NEED to workout. I NEED to feel the sense of accomplishment. I NEED to be sore so I know that I gave it my all. So, I called the doctor, but I can't get in until tomorrow afternoon. I'm going up to the gym to see what I can do. This is a big deal, because it's the first time I'm going up to Utopia without J. I mean this ridiculous fear of going alone has got to end...actually, it IS ending...TODAY.

CARDIO
RECUMBENT BIKE (30 MIN-RANDOM PROG)
ELLIPTICAL (25 MIN MANUAL PROG)
TOTAL TIME = 1 HR

Amazingly, I went alone to the gym...like a big girl...and nothing bad happened. I'm so glad I got that stupid fear out of the way. I was surprised that I felt NO pain riding the bike. The elliptical only hurt if I created an incline or raised the resistance to high. I limped out, but I was glad that I went. My shoulders are killing me from my workout with J at the park...so I'm feeling pretty beat up, but I refuse to give up.

No comments: