Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 135...resting in peace...

Today is Sunday...the day I rest. I'm so glad that today I can rest in peace. I can rest feeling redeemed...like I rose from the ashes to start fresh again. Somedays, working out seems effortless. Other days, it feels impossible. I have good days and bad days. When I have a day that I whine alot or a day that I'm not proud of my performance, I am hard on myself because I feel like I have failed. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but I am. I think it is what drives me...what gives me the ability to do more.

On his website, "GYM JONES", Mark Twight says, "Learn something new. Do something different. Test yourself. Confront your true capacities. Instill dedication by threatening yourself with a penalty for failure. Take away the safety net to compel better performance. You have to be willing to bite off more than you can chew, to overdose, and to fail. If you won't risk the answer, you won't ask the question." I believe those words. I've got the "testing" and "penalty" parts down. I'm working on the "new, different, risky" parts. My belief in those words make my life more difficult SOME times, but it makes it more worthwhile ALL the time.

I am resting today with a happy heart and a desire for more. I am resting today thankful for the redemption I experienced yesterday. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today I am truly resting in peace.

SUNDAY - REST DAY

No comments: