Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 133...i tHiNk i cAn...i cOuLdN't!...

I am getting ready to leave for the gym. I have the worst knot in my stomach. I told J that I made it almost all the way up the rope the other day and now he wants to see for himself. I'm having extreme performance anxiety. I just want to succeed in front of someone that I care what they think. When I did it the other day, I was just playing around while I was talking to R. I didn't care what he thought. Please let me do something right for once.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, I'm home and I didn't even make it up as high as I did the other day...DANG IT! I should've tried first thing. We waited until the end...my hands are KILLING me (it hurts to type!)...and I was really tired...but I don't think it's an excuse...I should've made it. Part of my problem was that I didn't think I could do it...and I was right...self fulfilling prophecy I guess. Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." Chalk one up for Henry!

I just want to please the people I work with...the people I like. I don't want fake compliments or a pat on the head. I want to make them proud to say they train me...and mean it. I want to be a good student...that progresses. I'm too tired too be sad. I'm just a little bummed that it didn't work out like I wanted it to. I can't beat myself up anymore this week, so I'm gonna let it go. Today's workout didn't seem THAT hard..don't get me wrong, it was a good challenging workout...but I'm surprised by how wiped out I am right now. It might have something to do with the fact that I ran for 30 minutes without stopping at 7.8 on the treadmill. That's not so outstanding to someone that runs all the time, but I am happy with that. I haven't been able to run for weeks because of my hip problem and it's finally better. I still get a little twinge every now and then, but for the most part...I'm pain free.

So, today wasn't all I hoped it would be, but it was still a good day at the gym. I hope it's sunny tomorrow so we can "play" outside. It's the most fun when J and I work out together. It won't be as fun now that J's foot is broken and he can't do anything with me, but I look forward to another day anyway.

WARMUP
----------
ELLIPTICAL - 5 min

WORKOUT
------------
50 MEDICINE BALL SLAMS (12 lb)
20 INVERTED ROWS
50 KB SWINGS ( 35 lbs?)

REPEAT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 ROUNDS

20 KTEs
20 SITUPS HOLDING 12 lbs MEDICINE BALL STRAIGHT UP TOWARDS CEILING
20 HAMSTRING CURLS (60 lbs)
20 LEG EXTENSIONS (70 lbs)

REPEAT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
----------
30 min TREADMILL / 7.8

STRETCH & crawl to the car...

No comments: