Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 120...i tOOk a bEaTiNg aNd i LovEd iT!!!...

I am feeling SO much better. That day in bed did wonders for me! J always tells me how important rest is, but it's so hard for me to...be still...to stop...to slowdown. I'm certainly not back to 100% yet, but I feel close.

J and I trained today, because we didn't yesterday. Today was great! It was such a beat down...in such a good way. What I mean by that is that I was pushed...to the limit. It was hard because I was having a tough time breathing and getting the lung capacity that I'm used to. At one point, my lungs were burning...I HATE that..that's why I don't run outside when it's extremely cold...but that's to be expected considering I'm not totally over being sick. And my legs...they hardly ever burn...but today...they were on fire. That's an accomplishment. This was a great workout. I know it's especially good when I can't finish my cardio. I stopped at 15 minutes, because I was so hungry, I couldn't stand it anymore. I found some Twizzlers left over from the movies last night in my purse and started eating them on my way out. They teased me at the front desk, but I couldn't help it...and it WAS kinda funny. I needed sugar. I was feeling shaky. So I knew it was weird to walk out of a gym eating candy, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I walk out of the gym on days like today. I won't exactly allow myself to be proud...because I'm always looking for what I can improve upon...but today I felt as close to proud as I'll allow myself to be.

WARMUP
------------
13 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
----------------------------------------------
STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, CARDIO via circuit
MODIFIED ROPE CLIMB PULL UP FROM SITTING POSITION (straight legs-10reps)
 
SQUATS- 50 total-150                                     
DRIVE WATER CONTAINER ACROSS ROOM-(3x's down and back)
DOUBLE ARM KB SWINGS 12kg-50 total-150          
ARMS STEP UPS-1min Total-3min
STAR JUMPS-25 Total 75
ELLIPTICAL HIGH INTENSITY @ STEEP GRADE-(2min)
 
REPEAT 3 TIMES

CARDIO
----------
15 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE

No comments: