Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 132...a breath of fresh air...

Today started pretty much like any other day...alarm rushing...making lunches...taking kids to school...and going to the gym. I always listen to my music loud...really loud...whether I'm at home getting ready or driving in my car. Consequently, I miss phone calls in the car when I'm rockin to a good song. I pulled up to the gym with one of my all time favorite bands, Social Distortion, blaring...I was singing, "Take away...take away...take away this ball and chain...I'm lonely and I'm tired...and I can't take any more pain!". I was thoroughly enjoying myself. As I turned the car off, I heard a familiar...unfamiliar sound...a certain ringtone on my phone. I scrambled and dug furiously through the bottomless pit I call a purse to see whose call I missed. I made the out loud gasp sound when I saw who it old friend, W.

I immediately called him back and hoped he would answer...he did. He's on his way home (sorta) from Thailand back to Montana. I say "sorta" because to ME home is here. I wondered how it would be to talk again...and now I know...I know he is truly my friend, because it was as if no time had passed. It was ...easy. We talked...we teased...we laughed. I remembered why we are friends...why I miss him so much. I did the elliptical while we talked and the people around me giggled ever so often as they overheard our conversation...especially when we were talking about the new "Rambo" movie that he says I HAVE to go see which I replied "I'm sorry I love Rocky NOT Rambo...and Sly's body is still hot, but he needs a new head!" I was so happy when I got off the phone. I had a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I was ready to work.

J sent me a workout for today. He has been really nice to send me workouts for the days I am on my own. It was a good workout, but I messed it all up. I read my paper wrong and didn't realize until the last round that I was supposed to be doing the elliptical in between each round...which makes a BIG difference. Hate it when I'm an airhead like that! I was in a great mood, but my body didn't want to cooperate. Mentally I was fresh and excited and ready, but physically I felt sluggish and tired...weird considering I went to bed early and slept HARD. Regardless, I finished...did some more cardio and left to have lunch with my daughter at school.

Today is like a breath of fresh air. It's been cold and dreary outside, and I've felt so heavy and burdened the last couple of days. Today it's cold, but the sun is shining and I feel good. I've laughed and worked out hard and spent time with my princess, what more could I ask for.


20 Lat rows in a hovering squat position
50 Froggies no hands
20 Jumping pullups
50 Ball slams
50 Squats

3 round with 5 min elliptical in between ( the part I messed up )

Lat pulldowns 15 reps x3 sets (do the lat pulldowns separately / after the circuit) 90 lbs 1st set/ 80 lbs 2nd set / 70 lbs 3rd set - I think I was a little ambitious on the weight. It nearly killed me and I had to do half wait 30 sec and do the rest on each set...I just so want to be stronger so I can do some freakin pullups!!!

20 min fast walk on treadmill

No comments: