Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 123...i'm toast!...


Tonight's workout was really good. It was hard, but I really enjoyed it. I don't know why working so hard and being pushed to do more is so exciting to me. It makes me so happy...really. When I'm working out...hard...I forget about things that are bothering me...I forget how old I am...I feel like I can be me.

I was missing thrusters...until we started doing them. They are so exhausting and great and horrible all at the same time. I know my legs will be hurting tomorrow. As for the dreaded rope...I've stressed over and hated the thought of trying to climb that rope, but tonight it didn't bother me. For the first time, I WANT to climb that stinkin rope. I'm gonna do it if it kills me! I know this...working on it IS killing my hands. Even with gloves, my hands are hurting...even now...hours later...especially my fingers that weren't covered.

J was fun to workout with...he always is. When we both workout, it makes me wanna keep going. It makes me want to hurry to "keep up". By the end, there wasn't much left. I pretty much ran out of gas trying to do pull ups. I was so tired and so hungry, but I felt good. Once I got home, ate, and sat down with Jake in the recliner, I realized just how tired I am. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to get up. I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow...in more than one place. I always go to bed late. Tonight that will not be the case. I'm gonna shower and be in bed by 10:30, because after that workout...I'm toast!

WORKOUT (best of my memory)
----------------------------------------
WARM UP-3 MIN JUMPROPE / 10 ROPE PULLS TO STANDING FROM SITTING POSITION WITH STIFF LEGS

THEN:
25 THRUSTERS 55#
PUSH WATER CONTAINER ACROSS ROOM-BACK AND FORTH
40 LAT ROWS IN LUNGE POSITION WITH 26.4# KB (20 EA ARM)
40 KB SNATCH (20 EA ARM)
20 FROGGIES
5 ROPE PULL FROM SITTING POSITION WITH FEET ON PLATFORM (J CLIMBED ROPE)
2 ROUNDS

WE PLAYED AROUND WITH RING PUSH UPS IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS

20 BURPEES
20 JUMPING PULLUPS (I DON'T DESERVE CREDIT FOR THIS, BECAUSE I TRIED MANY DIFFERENT THINGS...JUMPING / KIPPING, BUT I JUST KEPT HANGING. MY BRAIN TOLD MY ARMS AND BACK TO PULL, BUT MY BODY DIDN'T COOPERATE)

CARDIO
------------
50 MIN ELLIPTICAL - HILLS (THIS MORNING)

No comments: