Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 138...aTTeMPteD mUrDEr...

So, I got home from working out today...ate a snack...started a load of laundry...and took a shower...and then I got my phone and asked my trainer if he was mad at me. When he replied that he was not and asked me why, I told him that I thought that he might be because he nearly killed me today with his workout. It was...brutal.

When I was on the second round, I stopped for a moment and thought, "This is too much...I can't do this anymore." I just took it one exercise at a time and continued forward. I was so relieved to start the fourth round...and then...it happened. I haven't dealt with this in almost two months...I got interrupted by a guy during my workout. I am a talker. I never shut up. It's just that when I'm timing a workout and "in the groove"...I DON'T wanna stop forever...maybe I wouldn't mind for one of my favorite people...but not for random folks. A trainer stopped me to chit chat...ask about why I train like a maniac...do you do this?...do you do that?...why aren't you doing this?...what about your diet?...yada yada yada. I always feel like trainers think they know more than their fellow trainers. Don't get me wrong. He DID NOT insult J at all...DID NOT ask to train me...it's the same ol..."If I were your trainer I'd do this or that...If I were your trainer, I'd have you do this..." When I am training and this happens...and it has happened more than a couple of times...I always think..." I don't know why people are so interested in what I do and how I do it. It's either a compliment or an insult...I don't know...but eventually (like 30 minutes later!!!...seriously) I broke free...only to be stopped 10 minutes later when he wanted to thank me for taking time out to talk to him...ENOUGH already man! I smiled...walked the other way briskly...and started back up...again...and I finally finished. I was worn out.

Soooo...today was one for the record books. It was hard, but I appreciated being pushed. J nearly killed me, but I did it...and I survived. Actually, I better than survived. I kicked butt at the gym today!

WARMUP
-----------
5 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
-------------
50 JUMPING PULL UPS  (complete these first and separate) 12 MIN

THEN: 
25 1 ARM KB SWING AND PRESS   (20 LB KB)
4 MIN ELLIPTICAL (1min easy/2min hard/1min easy)
25 REVERSE CRUNCHES LAYING ON BENCH                                                    
50 AIR SQUATS                                                                                       
REPEAT CARDIO ABOVE
20 CRUNCHES REACHING FOR CEILING WITH NO WEIGHT 
25 INVERTED ROWS  
25 DEAD LIFTS (65LB BAR)                            

4 ROUNDS ( 1 HR 36 MIN TO COMPLETE 2ND HALF)

NO EXTRA CARDIO
5 MIN STRETCH

TOTAL "WORKOUT" TIME (including warm up & stretch) = 1HR 58 MIN

No comments: