Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 125...wHy cAn'T i sToP?...

What is my problem??? Why can't I ever just stop? Why can't I make a decision and follow through? Why do I always second guess myself?

I was feeling really tired and hurting yesterday, so I made a decision. I decided that today I would JUST do cardio...long cardio...and that was my intention when I got to the gym this morning. I got on the elliptical, put it on a hard program, cranked up the resistance, and got started. I planned on 45 minutes on the elliptical and 15 min on the bike or treadmill. At about the 20 minute mark, I was feeling good..strong...and I thought to myself, "Hmmm. I haven't done Sumo Deadlift High Pulls in forever. Maybe I should do some." I brushed off the thought and tried to stay on course...NOTHING but cardio today! As I wiped the elliptical down after I was finished, I couldn't shake the thought...the thought that I SHOULD do MORE. I decided that I would just do 50 SDHPs and 50 air squats...THAT'S IT!

I cranked up my ipod and went to work. The next thing I knew, I had done 150 SDHPs and 300 Squats! How did this happen? What did I just do?...these were the thoughts in my mind as I stumbled back onto the elliptical for 15 more minutes. I was just thinking yesterday how nice it was to have smaller legs, but then I turn around and do crazy leg exercises...AM I CRAZY?...or what?!? I can't keep doing the same stuff and expect different results. As my Mom always says, "If you keep on doin what you've always done...you'll keep on getting what you always got!"

All in all, it was a good day at the gym...I just need to control the urge to do more next time.

CARDIO
----------
45 MIN ELLIPTICAL HIGH RESISTANCE-"HILLY" COURSE

THEN:
50 SUMO DEADLIFT HIGH PULLS WITH 40 # DB (150 TOTAL)
100 SQUATS (300 TOTAL)
REPEAT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 ROUNDS

15 MIN ELLIPTICAL MEDIUM RESISTANCE-FLAT COURSE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A FEW OF THE SONGS THAT GOT ME THROUGH TODAY...
"Dead and Bloated" -Stone Temple Pilots
"Sex Type Thing" -Stone Temple Pilots
"The Diary of Jane" -Breaking Benjamin
"Topless" -Breaking Benjamin
"The Pretender" -Foo Fighters
"Dragula" -Rob Zombie

No comments: