Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 136...more FUN at the park...


Okay, so Saturday was great! The problem is...I am such a worrier...such a "Doubting Thomas"...that when I have a great day like that...I worry about the next time because I'm afraid it won't measure up. I know it's dumb and unproductive and torturous...but it's what I do. Needless to say, I was a little nervous that today would be a "let down"...not because I thought I would fail or because I thought J wouldn't do a good job, but because I would have such high expectations...expectations that couldn't be met.

J texted to say we may go to the park, which was good to know, because the workout pants I was gonna wear would be all wrong for a park day. I changed, got to the gym, and we headed for the park. As soon as I ran around to "warm up", J taught me 2 new exercises (Korean JJs and MFs)...they were KILLERS! My legs were begging for mercy. I don't like new stuff...and I didn't exactly "master" the exercises, but I did it and it hurt...which is good. It wasn't the hardest workout ever, but the individual exercises were challenging and I was DEFINITELY feelin the burn more than a time or two. After he taught me the new exercises and I tried them out, we added a 10 lb weighted vest...that cranked it up a bit.

Anyways, long story short...I was worried that I would be disappointed today, because Saturday was so great...but I wasn't disappointed at all. I had a great time. There were challenging exercises...a good breeze...and the company wasn't bad either. What more could a girl want out of a day at the park?!? I worried for no reason. Today more than measured up. Today was fun.

WARMUP
----------
QUICK JOG @ PARK

WORKOUT @ PARK
---------------------
(WEARING 10lb VEST)
25 KOREAN JUMPING JACKS
25 PUSH UPS
25 MF's
50 FROGGIES
(Move to bottom)
20 SINGLE ARM KB SWINGS (26lbs)
30 TRAVELING LUNGES
20 KB LAT ROWS (26lbs)
CATERPILLAR BACK TO TOP OF STEPS
100 FLUTTER KICKS (counting each movement)

2.5 ROUNDS
(We did some exercises up top before we actually started the circuit.Thats where the .5 comes from)

CARDIO
-----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL...HIGHEST RAMP...MED/HIGH RESISTANCE
(after the park...back at the gym...kinda wanted to do more but was pretty tired so I called it a day)

TODAY'S CARDIO SOUNDTRACK= Social Distortion - "Greatest Hits"

STRETCH

No comments: