Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 409...eAsY oN tHe bRaiN kiLLeR...

I went in...pumped for a good workout..and I got one! I also got a bit of a scare. I was doing a workout that I affectionately call "El Ciento". It's 100 of each exercise. I got through lunges...and D-ball slams...and moved on to the dreaded push ups. I did 10 at a time until I got to 80...then I did them in sets of 5 with 15 seconds rest between each set. I tend to hold my breath when I'm struggling in the gym. This can be productive when lifting a heavy weight...not so good during push ups I learned. My head was kinda hurting, but that's not unusual during a fast, hard workout. At 95, the pressure in my head was getting pretty intense...did I stop??? OF COURSE NOT...being the stubborn mule I am...Woops! NO NEGATIVITY THIS WEEK!...being the tough, strong, determined girl I am (much better)...I continued.

On my last rep...100...I got a horrible stabbing pain that pierced right through the side of my head. It literally felt like my brain was hurting...in one spot. I layed there with no other symptoms...other than pain...for about a minute...and then finished my WOD. My head still hurt...just in that one spot. I texted J and said, "I think I hurt my brain." He went into paramedic/fireman mode and told me NOT to run...check. Relax...check. Go see a doc...negatory. I felt a little weird for a while and then I pretty much normalized. I reassured him that I was okay since I was about 90% sure that I was.

So, I will be much more careful the next time I exert myself like that not to hold my breath...and to stop when things don't feel "right". I gotta take it easy on my brain! It's the only one I got!

DYNAMIC WARM UP
----------------------

WOD
------
"EL CIENTO"
100 OH LUNGES (NO WEIGHT-PVC)
100 D-BALL SLAMS (16 LBS)
100 PUSH UPS
100 RING ROWS
100 OH LUNGES (PVC)
FOR TIME- (31:??)

CARDIO
----------
EARLIER IN A.M.
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL

1 comment:

s said...

Good God MC! I'm gonna havta come beat you up. i already told you. . . you can't fix stupid! Be careful for that brain chick. You are blonde. . . so you need all the brain cells you got. I'm sure you killed a few hundred with that little stunt. That's real cute! love ya dad, s