Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 406..."39"...

Today at the gym, we had a group workout to celebrate me and my client, L's birthdays that were earlier this week. It is always fun when we have group workouts on Saturdays. It's fun to workout with and compete against different people...friends. So yesterday when J sent me the WOD for today...I saw it and replied via text "love it!"...and I meant it. When I saw it on the white board this morning...I started to worry a bit. It was running (something I love) plus 39 reps (my age) of different exercises...hard stuff like burpee pullups. It looked long and hard, but still...I went in savage...ready to fight for a spot at the top!

When we took off on the first run...I was thinking..."CRAP! I'm gonna finish way behind these "boys"! I felt pretty good actually until we hit the first hill... Once we turned around and it was downhill...I turned on the turbo speed.. and went faster. That's what I ALWAYS do when it hurts or I want to stop...I run FASTER. I heard J that had been in front of me on the way up and as now behind me say, ""I KNEW you were cheesin it!". I was determined not to let him pass me again. The burpee pull ups and KTEs were really hard on my hands...especially considering that I just did "Filthy Fifty" ...YESTERDAY! I was really tryin to beat R. He and I love to compete against each other. We push each other a little further...a little faster.

In the end, I finished 2 seconds after him and 10 minutes BEFORE the next person. It was a great feeling...a feeling of strength...of confidence...of accomplishment. I couldn't believe I was beating strong, young guys..including B that is home from Marine boot camp and other strong, YOUNG people. I joked that they probably were under strict orders from J to LET me win since it was for my b-day but I KNOW I beat em all fair and square. It was a hard, GRUELING WOD, but it was really fun.

'39"
RUN 1 MILE
39 BURPEE PULL UPS
39 OVERHEAD WALKING LUNGES (35 LB BB)
RUN 800 M
39 KNEES TO ELBOWS
39 PUSH PRESS (35 LB BAR)
RUN 400 M
39 BURPEE BOX JUMPS (20 IN)
1 ROUND FOR TIME (39:24)

No comments: