Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 384...gLaCiEr nAtiOnaL pArK...

So plans changed a bit...instead of Echo Lake Cafe...we met W and his posse at Somers Bay Cafe for breakfast. It was great to see him, but I have to admit that I felt a little out of place. I guess I'm like a guy friend...but I'm not a guy...and I don't know "the girls"...and I'm either older or younger than everyone here. Either way...I'm so glad to be here for W. He's such an important person in my life so it's worth it.

Anyways...breakfast was fun. When we were done, all those guys headed one way and me and S headed back to our "cottage" so I could change shoes and we could drive to Glacier National Park. It was really beautiful. We had a great time. We hiked down a trail. It was funny because we were scared that we would come across a bear the whole time. It was really eerie in the woods hiking. There was no one around but us two so we kept yellin out because the park info said to make lots of noise to scare the bears away. I'm happy to report that we didn't.So, once again...I didn't get to workout traditionally...but I was huffin and puffin during that hike! We also drove up to Logan's Pass (to the Continental Divide). S was scared of my drivng and of the height. I got out at one point to take a pic right up by the edge...she was givin me "words" through the window. Ha! I love my sis! Unfortunately S was feeling really sick to her stomach and had a bad headache by the time we made it up there, so we decided to go back down. It was a long trip, but it was well worth it to see that beauty!

No comments: