Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 383...rUnNinG tO cAtCh oUr pLaNe...

THURSDAY...
So yesterday...was "the day". After running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting kids to school and finishing my packing...my sis S and I got to the airport to fly to Montana for W's wedding. I was so disappointed because I had to cut working out to be able to get all this done. My sis and I were running AN HOUR AND A HALF behind our desired schedule...which meant NO breakfast at IHOP before and driving like maniacs (provided by S) to the airport...but in the end, we got there an hour before our flight left and all was good...for an hour.

I kept expecting to board...we never did. Finally they started boarding...2 MINUTES before our scheduled departure time. CRAP! We're gonna leave late...usually not a big deal...yesterday it was. We only had a 30 minute layover in Salt Lake before we had to catch our final flight to get here to Montana. I was a little nervous. We got on the plane and then taxied away from the gate...only to SIT ON THE RUNWAY for another 10 minutes waiting to take off. STRESS! I went to recline my seat...NO DICE!...I was in front of the emergency exit row so my seat wouldn't recline...not such a big del until the kind gentleman in front of me reclined and I was like a sardine in a closing can!

We got to the SLC airport with 20 minutes to get to our next flight! We RAN...FAST...through morons that don't understand the words, "EXCUSE ME!". We could hear them calling for passengers MC and ST to check in at gate 79..."This is your final boarding call!" We shoved a few folks out of the way and darted through the door, out on to the runway, and up the ramp to the plane. We were NOT greeted by smiling friendly faces as we walked on. It was more like "OH it was YOU holding us up!!!" kinda looks. We were hot...aggravated...but the important part is that in the end we made it!

It is a TOTALLY different world here...slow...small...but it is beautiful. Apparently we stand out, because EVERYWHERE we go...even just walking down the street..people STARE...like we are from another world...I guess we kinda are. When we walk down the main strip of this "Village of Big Fork", weirdos honk. It is funny. Our "cottage" is AWESOME! I feel like a fatty after no regimented workout and eating pizza at SUN MTN PIZZERIA...here we met a nice guy named Russell. He stared like everyone else for a while...a fascinated, "wondering" kinda way. Finally he came over and asked us where we are from and we talked for a while. He was very nice and suggested we visit the ECHO LANDING CAFE for breakfast this morning. So...I'm draggin my fat booty into the shower and headin to the cafe..for more adventures here in Montana!

WORKOUT
-----------
RUNING LIKE A MANIAC THROUGH THE AIRPORT
WALKIN THROUGH "TOWN" IN HEELS
DANCIN WITH MY SIS IN OUR LIVING ROOM TO "IN THE AYER" and "DISCO INFERNO" AT 11 PM
FUNNIEST...CHEESIEST VIDEO EVER...PERFECT FOR A LATE NIGHT "DANCE PARTY"

No comments: