Monday, October 20, 2008

DAY 401...sO niCe tO fEeL sTRoNg...

I had a really hard time last week with feeling weak. I just felt unsuccessful and inept every time I lifted weights. I have felt much better this week...much stronger. Jared asked if I wanted to try the "main page" (Crossfit) WOD and I said, "YES!" I was scared...it looked hard...but really wanted to do it.

We decided to do it after my 4pm client. One of the guys from the fire station came down to do it with us. I ran a mile to warm up and then once we were all there and J taught his "co-worker" Thrusters and SDHPs...we started the clock. It was 20 minutes of pure hell! I was grunting and groaning and throwing the barbell down...I think I even said a few prayers when I was hunched over on the ground in pain for a few moments here and there. In the end, the fire man beat both J and I...but not by much...and he's a BIG guy! I did better than I expected. I've been really struggling with Thrusters and it WAS hard...but I felt good..in a horrible sort of way. I'm so glad I got to workout with those guys!

WARM UP
--------------
1 MILE RUN

WOD
--------
5 THRUSTERS (65 lbs/95 lbs for guys)
7 HANG POWER CLEANS (65 lbs/95 lbs for guys)
10 SDHPs (65 lbs/95 lbs for guys)
MAX ROUNDS IN 20min
I got 7 Rounds + 5 thrusters

CARDIO (EARLIER...@ 6AM)
--------------------------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: