Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 405...wOrKiN oFF tHaT aNgEr...

Okay...so I'm in a funk...a MAJOR workout funk! I'm bored and I've lost a lot of my passion. I constantly feel fat and weak. I put off working out where I use to couldn't wait to do it. It's really weird.

Today I drug my feet...thought of a million excuses...and finally got to the gym around noon after talking to an insurance adjuster about a bogus claim a lady is making against me. It made me go from feeling lazy...to being a real bear. I HATE dishonesty so I was livid! Of course, I called my poor husband at work to vent. I went on and on until finally the conversation ended like this...

ME: (dramatically) "That lady better hope she doesn't run into me around town, because is she does, you'll be bailing me out of the jail! I just wanna punch her in the face!"

HUSBAND: (very even and calm) "Have you worked out yet?"

ME: (frustrated) "NO!"

HUSBAND: (unfazed) "I think you better go workout your anger in the gym."


I reluctantly agreed. I decided to do a hard, long workout...a Crossfit WOD called The Filthy Fifty. It was hard...but I enjoyed it...and I DID feel better afterwards! I still hope I don't see that lady anytime soon! Grrrr....

FILTHY FIFTY
----------------
50 BOX JUMPS (24 IN)
50 JUMPING PULL UPS
50 KB SWINGS (35 LB)
50 WALKING LUNGE STEPS
50 KNEES TO ELBOWS
50 PUSH PRESS (45 LB)
50 GHD BACK EXTENSIONS
50 WALL BALL SHOTS (16 LB)
50 BURPEES
50 TUCK JUMPS

TIME 40:51

No comments: