Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 397...a cOoL aUtuMn rUn...

I LOVE autumn! I always have. I don't know if it's because I am an "autumn baby" or what. I love it when it's a little cool and I don't expect it, so I was pleasantly surprised when I walked out in my PJs to take my daughter to school this morning.

I went to the gym and did some upper body work. I felt weak, but I still enjoyed my workout. I wanted to give up on the pull ups but I didn't. Then, I left for the trail that W and I used to run. I got there and took off my jacket. It was pretty chilly in a tank top, but I knew within a few minutes of running I would be fine...and I was. The trail is great this time of year. Leaves fall as you run through and the squirrels are all gathering nuts like crazy. There is a blanket of leaves under foot and the temperature is just right...not too cold and not too hot. It was a perfect, cool autumn run and I loved it!

WARMUP
-----------
500 M ROW

WORKOUT
--------------
BENCH PRESS
45 LBS X 10 TO WARM UP
THEN:
MAX REPS WITHOUT RACKING IT FOR 3 SETS WITH 65 LBS
18+16+17=51
(very SUCKY numbers!)

THEN:
10 PULL UPS
10 PUSH UPS (FEET ELEVATED ON 18 IN BOX)
3 SUPERSETS

THEN:
12 RING DIPS (BAND ASSIST)
12 BARBELL BICEP CURLS (35 LBS)
3 SUPERSETS

THEN:
A FEW ABS AND BUTT
25 "BUTTERFLY" SIT UPS WITH ABMAT
25 BRIDGE WITH 2 COUNT AT TOP
3 SUPERSETS

CARDIO
---------
4.5 MILE RUN

No comments: