Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 394..."oR yOu cAn dO ALL 100 aNd fEeL pRoUd oF yOuRseLf!"...

I got a chance to workout with my hubby. Usually he's at work when I go to the gym, but he was home for parent/teacher conferences at the school for our kids. I invited him to do a workout that other people at the gym did a couple of days ago...he agreed. It was tough because it included 2 runs with 100 squats and 100 push ups between. The squats were breezy...the push ups were pure pain. I was ahead of him and once I finished, I was trying to help "coach" him through the push ups. He was tired and we needed to get ready to go, so I told him to just get to 75. "That's still A LOT of push ups! and nothing to be ashamed of! Just get to 75!" Our sweet 9 yr old daughter that was watching as she colored with chalk on the driveway said very nonchalantly, "Or you can do 100 and feel proud of yourself!" OF COURSE, he did ALL 100!...and he was "proud of himself"! What a great lesson from a child...

1 MILE RUN
100 SIT UPS
1 MILE RUN
100 PUSH UPS
TIME=27:31

No comments: