Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 392..."hAmmEr dOn'T hUrT eM!"...

I was supposed to workout with A, but I was late and he had obligations that he had to take care of by a certain time. That meant we didn't have time to workout together. I was really bummed, but I understood...and it was my own fault for not leaving on time. Luckily, he caught me before I drove all the way out to where he was. When I told him that I was bummed, he suggested that I still go do a hard workout...one that would get my "aggression out". So, I decided that I would. I drove to Lowe's Home Improvement and bought a 10 lb sledgehammer. I went up to CrossFit and crafted a "good one" for myself. In the midst of this, I ended up talking to J...who just happened to be working RIGHT DOWN THE STREET at the firehouse. He and a couple of his co-workers/buddies decided to come join me. They had NO IDEA what they had waiting for them! Muuuah ah ah! (evil laugh)

We had to stagger our starts since we only have one tire and one sledgehammer. I went first. I LOVED IT! THAT...is my favorite Saturday thing to do...do a crazy, hard, long workout outside. My legs were burnin and I drank 4 bottles of water! Those guys were great sports! J is used to this madness...and truth be told...he likes it too. HE has been known to come up with a brutal WOD (workout of the day) on Saturdays himself! The other 2 firefighters...well...let's just say that they were a little surprised by what I had planned. In fact, one saw the white board with the WOD written on it and asked me, "Are you off your meds today?!?". I smiled and said, "No, you should see me when I am!" They obliged my madness and did a great job. We all worked hard and I think we all had fun...once we were done. I was really glad they came down and joined me. Today was great.

WARMUP (WHILE WAITING ON THE GUYS)
--------------------------------------------------
400 M RUN
50 JUMPROPE SINGLES
DYNAMIC STRETCHING

WOD
-------
TIRE FLIP DOWN THE PARKING LOT AND BACK
20 SLEDGEHAMMER SWINGS HITTING TIRE (10 WITH EACH ARM)
LUNGE DOWN THE PARKING LOT (ABOUT 20 LUNGES)
20 WALL BALLS (16 LBs)
LUNGE BACK (ABOUT 20)
500 M ROW
REPEAT FOR 3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
----------
2 MILE RUN (after I went and had lunch and got home and rested a while)

No comments: